Hoya to buy Seiko Epson eyeglass lens ops, targets global expansion
TOKYO Nov 16 (Reuters) - Hoya Corp said on Friday it will take control of Seiko Epson Corp's eyeglass lens development and manufacturing business as part of a partnership to expand sales of eyewear products globally.
Hoya, which did not disclose the deal price, said it will first take a 30 percent stake in Seiko's wholly owned subsidiary Seiko Optical Products Co on Feb. 1 next year and will take an additional 20 percent of the eyeglass lens maker on March 31, 2014. (Reporting by Tokyo Newsroom; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest