TNT Express sells airlines operations ahead of UPS takeover
AMSTERDAM Nov 16 (Reuters) - Dutch delivery group TNT Express, which has agreed to be sold to U.S. rival UPS , said on Friday it has sold its airlines operations to ASL Aviation Group, a condition for the UPS deal.
TNT Express and UPS had said in their takeover agreement that TNT's airlines operations would be sold to comply with European Union rules that forbid a non-EU entity from owning or controlling 50 percent or more of an EU airline operator.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |