Long-time News Corp executive Peter Chernin joins Twitter board
SAN FRANCISCO Nov 15 (Reuters) - Twitter Inc said on Thursday Peter Chernin, the Hollywood film producer and long-time News Corp executive, has joined its board of directors, one of the first directors to be brought in from outside the company.
Twitter's board is dominated by Silicon Valley insiders like Twitter co-founder Ev Williams, former Netscape chief financial officer Peter Currie, and venture investor Peter Fenton of Benchmark Capital.
"I've been a long-time user of twitter for news and information," Chernin said in a tweet late on Thursday. "Happy to be joining board of this very exciting company."
Chernin's appointment comes at a time when the company is ramping up its ad sales efforts and exploring potential media deals.
Chernin will take the board seat vacated by Flipboard CEO Mike McCue, who stepped down in August.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev