Two dead, 2 missing after offshore platform fire in Gulf of Mexico
(Reuters) - Two are dead and two others are missing in a platform fire off the coast of Louisiana on Friday, a Jefferson Parish official said, citing a Coast Guard report.
The Coast Guard is currently en route to investigate the fire on the platform in the West Delta Block 32 of the Gulf of Mexico, about 17 miles southeast of Grand Isle, Louisiana, said Deano Bonano, executive assistant for Jefferson Parish councilman Chris Roberts.
(Reporting By Chris Baltimore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities