Four in critical condition after Black Elk platform fire-CNN
HOUSTON Nov 16 (Reuters) - Four people hurt in a Black Elk Energy oil and gas platform fire in the Gulf of Mexico on Thursday were in critical condition at a suburban New Orleans hospital, a hospital spokeswoman told CNN on Friday.
The four were brought by helicopter after the fire, and when stable would be moved to a burn center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, West Jefferson Medical Center spokeswoman Taslin Alfonzo said.
She also said the hospital may receive "one or two" more patients, but "that is not confirmed at this time." (Reporting by Erwin Seba and Kristen Hays; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions