Four in critical condition after Black Elk platform fire-CNN
HOUSTON Nov 16 (Reuters) - Four people hurt in a Black Elk Energy oil and gas platform fire in the Gulf of Mexico on Thursday were in critical condition at a suburban New Orleans hospital, a hospital spokeswoman told CNN on Friday.
The four were brought by helicopter after the fire, and when stable would be moved to a burn center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, West Jefferson Medical Center spokeswoman Taslin Alfonzo said.
She also said the hospital may receive "one or two" more patients, but "that is not confirmed at this time." (Reporting by Erwin Seba and Kristen Hays; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter