Egypt's PM in Gaza denounces Israel's attacks as "aggression"
GAZA (Reuters) - Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil, on a brief visit to the Gaza Strip on Friday, denounced Israel's attacks on the Palestinian territory as aggression.
"This tragedy cannot pass in silence and the world should take responsibility in stopping this aggression," Kandil said during a visit to a Gaza hospital.
Fighting continued along the Israel-Gaza border during Kandil's three-hour visit.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi, Writing by Ari Rabinovitch, Editing by Jeffrey Heller)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury has made decision in fatal shooting of black teen: report |
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft