Egypt's PM in Gaza denounces Israel's attacks as "aggression"
GAZA (Reuters) - Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil, on a brief visit to the Gaza Strip on Friday, denounced Israel's attacks on the Palestinian territory as aggression.
"This tragedy cannot pass in silence and the world should take responsibility in stopping this aggression," Kandil said during a visit to a Gaza hospital.
Fighting continued along the Israel-Gaza border during Kandil's three-hour visit.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi, Writing by Ari Rabinovitch, Editing by Jeffrey Heller)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data