Fire continues during Egypt PM visit, despite ceasefire
GAZA (Reuters) - Rockets fired from Gaza hit several sites in southern Israel on Friday shortly after Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil arrived in the Palestinian enclave.
The Israeli air force responded with an attack on the house of Hamas's commander for southern Gaza, a Hamas source said.
Israel had announced it would suspend military operations in Gaza during Kandil's three-hour visit so long as Hamas also halted all fire.
(Created by Crispian Balmer)
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |