Fire continues during Egypt PM visit, despite ceasefire
GAZA (Reuters) - Rockets fired from Gaza hit several sites in southern Israel on Friday shortly after Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil arrived in the Palestinian enclave.
The Israeli air force responded with an attack on the house of Hamas's commander for southern Gaza, a Hamas source said.
Israel had announced it would suspend military operations in Gaza during Kandil's three-hour visit so long as Hamas also halted all fire.
(Created by Crispian Balmer)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand