Egyptian prime minister arrives in Gaza - official
GAZA (Reuters) - Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil arrived in the Gaza Strip on Friday to show solidarity with the Palestinian people following a two-day Israeli military offensive in the enclave, an Egyptian official said.
Israel has said it will suspend all military action during Kandil's three-hour visit so long as the Islamist group Hamas also halts fire.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi; writing by Crispian Balmer)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study