Speedskating-Russian champion fails doping test for EPO
MOSCOW Nov 17 (Reuters) - Russian speedskating champion Sergei Lisin is facing a two-year doping ban after failing a test for the blood booster EPO, the country's governing body for the sport (SKR) said on Saturday.
"He has been provisionally suspended pending the results of the B sample," SKR spokesman Andrei Mitkov told Reuters.
Lisin, 33, failed the test after surprisingly winning the 10,000 metres at last month's national championships in the city of Kolomna. He upset the favourites by lowering his personal best by more than 34 seconds.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing label