UPDATE 1-Israel shoots down two Hamas rockets fired at Tel Aviv
TEL AVIV Nov 18 (Reuters) - Palestinians in the Gaza Strip fired two rockets at Tel Aviv on Sunday which were shot down by Israel's Iron Dome air shield, witnesses and police said.
Gaza's governing Hamas militants said they launched two Iranian-designed Fajr-5 rockets at Israel's commercial capital, which has come under several such salvoes since cross-border fighting with the Palestinian enclave erupted on Wednesday.
Police said falling debris from the interception struck a car, which a Reuters TV crew saw catch fire. Its driver escaped unharmed, having fled the vehicle for shelter when sirens sounded to warn of the incoming rockets.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |