Czech Republic beat holders Spain to win Davis Cup
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Czech Republic beat holders Spain 3-2 to win the Davis Cup when Radek Stepanek overcame Nicolas Almagro 6-4 7-6 3-6 6-3 in the final rubber on Sunday.
The victory handed the Czechs a rare double as the first country in 22 years to win the Davis Cup and Fed Cup team trophies for men and women respectively in the same year.
(Reporting by Jason Hovet; Editing by Ken Ferris)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls