Czech Republic beat holders Spain to win Davis Cup
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Czech Republic beat holders Spain 3-2 to win the Davis Cup when Radek Stepanek overcame Nicolas Almagro 6-4 7-6 3-6 6-3 in the final rubber on Sunday.
The victory handed the Czechs a rare double as the first country in 22 years to win the Davis Cup and Fed Cup team trophies for men and women respectively in the same year.
(Reporting by Jason Hovet; Editing by Ken Ferris)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria