NY Fed wins dismissal of Greenberg's AIG bailout lawsuit
NEW YORK Nov 19 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve Bank of New York won the dismissal of former American International Group Inc Chief Executive Maurice "Hank" Greenberg's $25 billion lawsuit accusing it of acting unlawfully in bailing out the insurer during the 2008 financial crisis.
U.S. District Judge Paul Engelmayer in Manhattan on Monday dismissed Greenberg's case, brought on behalf of his company Starr International Co, in full.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter