Cisco to buy cloud-networking start-up Meraki for $1.2 bln
Nov 18 (Reuters) - Networking equipment company Cisco Systems Inc said it will buy privately held cloud networking company Meraki for $1.2 billion in cash as part of its cloud and networking strategy.
Cisco said the acquisition of Meraki, which was founded by members of MIT's Laboratory for Computer Science, is expected to close in the second quarter of Cisco's 2013 fiscal year and is subject to regulatory approval.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |