Cliffs Natural idles production due to weak iron ore prices
Nov 19 (Reuters) - Cliffs Natural Resources Inc, the largest North American producer of iron ore pellets used in steel making, said it will delay a mine expansion in Quebec and idle some production at two U.S. iron ore operations due to weak iron ore prices.
The company said the idling in the United States will affect about 625 employees.
Cliffs Natural said it will delay portions of its Bloom Lake Mine Phase II expansion in Quebec and idle some production at two of its U.S. iron ore operations, Northshore Mining in Minnesota and Empire Mine in Michigan.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning