Cliffs Natural idles production due to weak iron ore prices
Nov 19 (Reuters) - Cliffs Natural Resources Inc, the largest North American producer of iron ore pellets used in steel making, said it will delay a mine expansion in Quebec and idle some production at two U.S. iron ore operations due to weak iron ore prices.
The company said the idling in the United States will affect about 625 employees.
Cliffs Natural said it will delay portions of its Bloom Lake Mine Phase II expansion in Quebec and idle some production at two of its U.S. iron ore operations, Northshore Mining in Minnesota and Empire Mine in Michigan.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane