Congo fires heavy weapons into Rwanda, source says
GOMA, Democratic Republic of Congo
GOMA, Democratic Republic of Congo, Nov 19 (Reuters) - S oldiers from Democratic Republic of Congo fired heavy weapons rounds into Rwandan territory on Monday, wounding three people, a source at Rwanda's presidency told Reuters.
"The FARDC (Congo national army) is bombing our territory, specifically the Gisenyi area. Three civilians have been injured so far," the source said, asking not to be named.
A Congo government official denied the claim, saying Rwanda was firing into its own territory to justify an intervention.
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. strikes Somali militant camp in bid to kill al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |