"UPS My Choice" Service Makes the Holiday Season Hassle-Free for Millions of Consumers
“UPS My Choice” Service Makes the Holiday Season Hassle-Free for Millions of Consumers
Global Logistics Leader Finalizes Preparations for Record-Breaking Holiday Shipments
With the holiday shopping season about to begin, UPS (NYSE: UPS) is inviting consumers to register for its popular UPS My Choice® service as the company finalizes its preparations for another record-breaking peak season. UPS estimates it will deliver 527 million packages in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, surpassing last year’s total of 480 million.
Home deliveries spike in the weeks leading up to Christmas and UPS My Choice helps customers avoid missed deliveries by getting advance text or email messages from UPS that alert them the day before a package is scheduled to arrive. Customers also can reroute or reschedule delivery for a different day, which can keep loved ones from discovering their holiday gifts early. Since its introduction in October 2011, 2 million people have registered for UPS My Choice.
“It can be frustrating to see a missed delivery notice on your front door, especially if you’re anticipating a special holiday gift,” said Myron Gray, president of U.S. operations for UPS. “UPS My Choice is an industry-leading service that gives our residential customers the confidence of knowing when their shipments will be delivered as well as the ability to change the date and location if they desire.”
To sign up for UPS My Choice, visit http://www.ups.com/MyChoice/PR.
UPS continues to hire seasonal employees as part of its preparation for the holiday shipping surge. The company anticipates it will add 55,000 seasonal employees across the U.S. to work as package sorters, loaders and driver helpers. Individuals interested in learning more about UPS job opportunities in their area should visit upsjobs.com or the UPSjobs page on Facebook.
UPS Quick Stats -- A Busy Shipping Season
- UPS’s busiest day: Thursday, Dec. 20, when UPS will deliver an estimated 28 million packages around the world, the equivalent of 300 packages every second of the day (on an average day, UPS delivers 15.8 million packages and documents)
- Peak U.S. air service delivery day: Friday, Dec. 21, with 6.5 million packages expected
- Busiest day for online tracking requests: December 18, with 69 million online package tracking requests
- Last shipping day: UPS Next Day Air® packages shipped Friday, Dec. 21 for delivery on Monday, Dec. 24
UPS (NYSE:UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight; the facilitation of international trade, and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the Web at UPS.com and its corporate blog can be found at blog.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS.
Public Relations, 404-828-7123
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government