Majestic Wine first-half profit rises
Nov 19 (Reuters) - Majestic Wine Plc reported a 4 percent rise in half-year profit as increased online sales partially offset the impact of unseasonally cold and wet weather in the United Kingdom.
The wine retailer, which operates over 180 stores, said like-for-like sales in the UK were up 1.2 percent in the first six weeks of the second half of the year from Oct. 2.
Half-year pretax profit rose about to 9.2 million pounds ($14.6 million) from 8.8 million pounds a year earlier.
Online sales increased 14 percent.
Revenue fell 1.4 percent. The company said total sales were down as it reduced its wholesale activities.
Like-for-like sales in UK stores rose 0.6 percent.
Shares in the company, which also operates in France, closed at 465 pence on the London Stock Exchange on Friday.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters