Brazil stocks gain 2 pct on U.S. fiscal hopes
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Nov 19 (Reuters) - Brazil's benchmark Bovespa stock index firmed 2 percent on Monday as signs of progress in talks to resolve a looming U.S. fiscal crisis encouraged investors to buy emerging market assets.
At 13:50 p.m. (1550 GMT), the Bovespa gained 2 percent to 56,508.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |