Brazil stocks gain 2 pct on U.S. fiscal hopes
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Nov 19 (Reuters) - Brazil's benchmark Bovespa stock index firmed 2 percent on Monday as signs of progress in talks to resolve a looming U.S. fiscal crisis encouraged investors to buy emerging market assets.
At 13:50 p.m. (1550 GMT), the Bovespa gained 2 percent to 56,508.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |