Brazil stocks gain 2 pct on U.S. fiscal hopes
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Nov 19 (Reuters) - Brazil's benchmark Bovespa stock index firmed 2 percent on Monday as signs of progress in talks to resolve a looming U.S. fiscal crisis encouraged investors to buy emerging market assets.
At 13:50 p.m. (1550 GMT), the Bovespa gained 2 percent to 56,508.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media