Europe stock index futures signal sharp bounce
PARIS Nov 19 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a sharply higher open on Monday, with stocks poised to mirror gains on Wall Street and in Asia on hopes of a deal in Washington to avoid a damaging "fiscal cliff".
At 0702 GMT, futures for Euro STOXX 50, for Germany's DAX and for France's CAC were up 0.9-1.0 percent.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter