Europe stock index futures signal sharp bounce
PARIS Nov 19 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a sharply higher open on Monday, with stocks poised to mirror gains on Wall Street and in Asia on hopes of a deal in Washington to avoid a damaging "fiscal cliff".
At 0702 GMT, futures for Euro STOXX 50, for Germany's DAX and for France's CAC were up 0.9-1.0 percent.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |