Euro hits session high vs dollar
LONDON Nov 19 (Reuters) - The euro hit a session high against the dollar on Monday as European stocks rose on signs of a deal being reached to tackle the U.S. fiscal cliff and optimism that EU leaders were closer to a resolution on Greece.
The euro rose 0.4 percent on the day to a session high of of $1.27880, with traders citing buying by model funds.
European Central Bank policymaker Joerg Asmussen said on Sunday the euro zone should agree this week on two years of funding for Greece and leave further help to be decided later.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park