US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rallies on budget talk bets
NEW YORK Nov 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks advanced for a second day on Monday as investors were encouraged by the early atmosphere surrounding talks to tackle the U.S. "fiscal cliff."
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 207.58 points, or 1.65 percent, at 12,795.89. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 27.00 points, or 1.99 percent, at 1,386.88. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 62.94 points, or 2.21 percent, at 2,916.07.
The S&P 500 closed above its 200-day moving average for the first time since Nov. 7.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in November-December
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |