US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rallies on budget talk bets
NEW YORK Nov 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks advanced for a second day on Monday as investors were encouraged by the early atmosphere surrounding talks to tackle the U.S. "fiscal cliff."
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 207.58 points, or 1.65 percent, at 12,795.89. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 27.00 points, or 1.99 percent, at 1,386.88. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 62.94 points, or 2.21 percent, at 2,916.07.
The S&P 500 closed above its 200-day moving average for the first time since Nov. 7.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |