Spain's Sabadell says would study buying Catalunya Caixa
MADRID Nov 19 (Reuters) - The CEO of Sabadell Jaime Guardiola said on Monday the bank would study a potential purchase of rival Catalan lender Catalunya Caixa.
Nationalised lender Catalunya Caixa is up for sale as the central bank pushes for a new wave of mergers among banks to help strengthen their capital position. (Reporting by Jesus Aguado; writing by Nigel Davies; editing by Paul Day)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video