Spain's Sabadell says would study buying Catalunya Caixa
MADRID Nov 19 (Reuters) - The CEO of Sabadell Jaime Guardiola said on Monday the bank would study a potential purchase of rival Catalan lender Catalunya Caixa.
Nationalised lender Catalunya Caixa is up for sale as the central bank pushes for a new wave of mergers among banks to help strengthen their capital position. (Reporting by Jesus Aguado; writing by Nigel Davies; editing by Paul Day)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'