SandRidge Energy adopts shareholder rights plan
Nov 19 (Reuters) - SandRidge Energy Inc, a U.S. oil and gas company under fire from shareholders about company performance, said on Monday its board of directors adopted a shareholder rights plan to fend off possible takeover attempts.
The plan is "designed to assure that all of SandRidge's stockholders receive fair and equal treatment in the event of any proposed takeover of the company," SandRidge said in a statement.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead