SandRidge Energy adopts shareholder rights plan
Nov 19 (Reuters) - SandRidge Energy Inc, a U.S. oil and gas company under fire from shareholders about company performance, said on Monday its board of directors adopted a shareholder rights plan to fend off possible takeover attempts.
The plan is "designed to assure that all of SandRidge's stockholders receive fair and equal treatment in the event of any proposed takeover of the company," SandRidge said in a statement.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study