Tyson 4th-quarter profit rises despite dip in sales
Nov 19 (Reuters) - Tyson Foods Inc reported higher quarterly earnings on Monday despite slightly lower sales resulting from production cuts.
Tyson, the nation's largest meat company, said profit rose to $185 million, or 51 cents per share, for the f ourth quarter ended Sept. 29, from $97 million, or 26 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, earnings were 55 cents per share.
Sales fell to $8.37 billion from $8.40 billion a year earlier.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media