Hamilton wins U.S. Grand Prix for McLaren
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - McLaren's Lewis Hamilton won the U.S. Grand Prix on Sunday while Red Bull's championship leader Sebastian Vettel failed to clinch his third consecutive drivers' title on his 100th career start.
Red Bull did celebrate another victory, however, securing the constructors' title for a third straight year with Vettel finishing second in the race.
The battle for the drivers' title will now come down to the final race on the calendar in Brazil next Sunday with Vettel taking a 13 point advantage over Ferrari's Fernando Alonso into Sao Paulo. Alonso finished third on Sunday.
(Reporting by Steve Keating, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |