Hamilton wins U.S. Grand Prix for McLaren
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - McLaren's Lewis Hamilton won the U.S. Grand Prix on Sunday while Red Bull's championship leader Sebastian Vettel failed to clinch his third consecutive drivers' title on his 100th career start.
Red Bull did celebrate another victory, however, securing the constructors' title for a third straight year with Vettel finishing second in the race.
The battle for the drivers' title will now come down to the final race on the calendar in Brazil next Sunday with Vettel taking a 13 point advantage over Ferrari's Fernando Alonso into Sao Paulo. Alonso finished third on Sunday.
(Reporting by Steve Keating, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist