Hamas says truce possible, won't yield to Israeli conditions
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian-mediated talks to reach a truce between Palestinians and Israelis are ongoing but Gaza-based Hamas will not yield to any Israeli conditions, the exiled Hamas leader said on Monday.
Khaled Meshaal, speaking at a news conference in Cairo, also said the two sides could reach a truce but there could also be an escalation and Hamas was ready for all possibilities.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |