Hamas says truce possible, won't yield to Israeli conditions
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian-mediated talks to reach a truce between Palestinians and Israelis are ongoing but Gaza-based Hamas will not yield to any Israeli conditions, the exiled Hamas leader said on Monday.
Khaled Meshaal, speaking at a news conference in Cairo, also said the two sides could reach a truce but there could also be an escalation and Hamas was ready for all possibilities.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week