Syria opposition to make Cairo its HQ: Egyptian news agency
CAIRO (Reuters) - Syria's new opposition coalition has decided to make Egypt its headquarters, the president of the body was quoted as saying by Egypt's official news agency on Monday.
Mouaz Alkhatib, head of the Syrian National Coalition for Opposition and Revolutionary Forces, was speaking after a meeting with Egyptian Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamal Amr in Cairo. "There is a decision by the coalition to make Egypt its main headquarters," the MENA news agency quoted him as saying.
(Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Jon Hemming)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Asia shares sour on China, U.S. dollar in demand