AgBank says gets govt ok for Jiahe Life investment
HONG KONG Nov 20 (Reuters) - Agricultural Bank of China Ltd , China's No.3 lender, said on Tuesday it had received regulatory approval for its purchase of 51 percent of insurer Jiahe Life.
AgBank will pay 2.59 billion yuan ($420 million) for the stake in Jiahe Life, the bank said in a statement to the Hong Kong bourse, following approval from China's banking and insurance regulators. The investment had been announced in February.
For full statement, please click: here (Reporting by Kelvin Soh; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote