- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Canada's Flaherty hopeful on national securities regulator
TORONTO Nov 20 (Reuters) - Canada's finance minister expressed optimism on Tuesday that federal and provincial authorities could reach a common position on the creation of a national securities regulator.
"We've made some significant progress. I don't want to be overly optimistic, but I think there is some prospect that we'll be able to get to a common position," Finance Minister Jim Flaherty told reporters after discussing the issue with Ontario Finance Minister Dwight Duncan.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this