China's Jan-Oct net coal imports up 40 pct on year-NDRC
SHANGHAI Nov 20 (Reuters) - China's net coal imports in the first 10 months of 2012 stood at 217 million tonnes, up 39.5 percent from year earlier, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) said in a statement on Tuesday.
Total coal stocks at major power plants stood at 93.7 million tonnes at the end of October, equivalent to 29 days of consumption, which is eight days more than at the same time last year. (Reporting by Fayen Wong; Editing by John Mair)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions