China's mobile subscribers up 1 pct in October at 1.09 bln
HONG KONG, Nov 20 (Reuters) - China, the world's largest mobile phone market by subscribers, posted a 1.04 percent monthly increase in the number of mobile subscribers to 1.09 billion in October, data from the country's three telecommunications operators showed. Following is the breakdown of mobile subscriber statistics for October provided by the three carriers: China Mobile China Unicom China Telecom Mobile subscribers (including 3G): -cumulative no. of users 703.47 232.88 155.52 -net addition 4.96 3.39 2.90 -m/m growth (pct) 0.71 1.48 1.90 3G subscribers: -cumulative no. of users 79.31 70.07 62.74 -net addition 3.71 3.21 3.02 -m/m growth (pct) 4.91 4.80 5.06 Note: All numbers are in millions, otherwise stated. (Source: Companies, Reuters calculation) (Reporting by Christina Lo and Twinnie Siu; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets