Congo's Kabila on way to conflict-mediator Uganda - state TV
DAKAR Nov 20 (Reuters) - Congo's President Joseph Kabila is on his way to Uganda, the mediator in Congo's conflict with eastern rebels, Congolese state television said on Tuesday.
It said Kabila had left for Kampala shortly after making a broadcast expressing solidarity with the Congolese people.
Rebels, widely believed to be backed by Rwanda, on Tuesday claimed control of Democratic Republic of Congo's eastern city of Goma.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet