France finmin says fundamentals solid after downgrade
PARIS Nov 20 (Reuters) - French Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici said on Tuesday that Moody's move to strip France of its prized triple-A rating did not put into question the country's economic fundamentals.
Moscovici, who also pledged that the government would pursue previously promised reforms, added that he disagreed with the ratings agency's comments on the French banking sector.
- Federal judge rules DC ban on handguns unconstitutional
- Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's vice PM, kills at least three
- Fighting in Gaza abates, but truce hopes look fragile |
- Destroy Hamas? Something worse would follow: Pentagon intel chief
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine