France finmin says fundamentals solid after downgrade
PARIS Nov 20 (Reuters) - French Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici said on Tuesday that Moody's move to strip France of its prized triple-A rating did not put into question the country's economic fundamentals.
Moscovici, who also pledged that the government would pursue previously promised reforms, added that he disagreed with the ratings agency's comments on the French banking sector.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand