George Weston raises dividend as profit falls
Nov 20 (Reuters) - George Weston Ltd, the Canadian food producer and distributor that owns a majority of the Loblaw Cos Ltd grocery chain, boosted its dividend on Tuesday even as its quarterly profit dropped.
Net earnings for the quarter ended Oct. 6 fell to C$243 million ($244 million), or C$1.07 a diluted share, from C$351 million, or C$1.93, a year earlier.
Revenue slipped 1.0 percent to C$10.16 billion.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |