Sparkle This Season as a Glamorous Gifter in a Guest-Ready Home
Sparkle This Season as a Glamorous Gifter in a Guest-Ready Home
Style and Entertaining Experts Robert Verdi and Katie Lee Partner with P&G to Share Their “Must-Have” Holiday Gifts and Tips
P&G (NYSE:PG) is teaming up with Katie Lee, best-selling author and entertaining expert, and leading lifestyle expert, celebrity stylist and television personality, Robert Verdi to share their favorite tips and must-have products to prepare for the holiday season.
From readying the home for guests, to selecting the perfect gift for everyone on their lists, to looking fabulous at every holiday gathering—and in every photo—Robert and Katie rely on P&G essentials for a stress-free holiday season.
Preparing Your Home for the Holidays
The holidays are a wonderful time of year for celebrating with family and friends over a home-cooked meal, but any good hostess knows that a clean, inviting, well-decorated home is essential before welcoming guests. According to a recent survey conducted by P&G in conjunction with Wakefield Research,1 49% of Americans clean their homes more often during the winter holiday season. In fact, on average, they clean three additional times per week than they would at any other time of the year and also pride themselves on being the best holiday hosts and decorators with 24% and 14% of respondents aspiring to those titles, respectively. Katie Lee shares her tips for maintaining a guest-ready home:
- Placecards are an easy way to make guests feel special and liven up any table. For a creative touch, you can buy potted rosemary plants and adorn them with nametags—double as party favors guests can take home and enjoy in their own kitchens.
- When you’re hosting the party, the appearance of your home is as important as the meal you serve. I rely on products that help me get the cleaning done faster like Swiffer® WetJet® Extra Power Pad: With the scrubbing power of Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser® (Starter Kit SRP $22) and Swiffer 360°Dusters (Starter Kit SRP $5).
- There’s nothing more joyous than spending time with friends and family during the holiday season. If you’ll be hosting out of town guests, ensure that your linens are fresh and bright by laundering with Tide Pods (SRP $10 for 35ct.). Also be sure to stock bathrooms with any products they may have forgotten.
- I love filling my home with a holiday scent like Febreze Cranberries & Frost (SRP $3-$8) so guests are instantly put into the holiday spirit when they walk through my door.
- While I love preparing and serving big holiday meals to friends and family, I don’t know anyone who enjoys the clean up. To keep the chore as painless as possible, I make sure my kitchen is stocked with products that get the job done quickly and effectively like Cascade Complete Pacs (SRP $4 for 16 ct.), Bounty Paper Towels (SRP $4) and Dawn Power Clean, that provides the power of an overnight soak in just five minutes (SRP $3).
Katie will share more of her tips for holiday entertaining and decorating with P&G Facebook fans at www.Facebook.com/PGEveryday.
Preparing Yourself for the Holidays
The average American attends three parties during the holidays, and who doesn’t want to look glamorous at every gathering? In fact, according to the same P&G survey, half of American women think the winter holiday season is the time of the year when they feel the most pressure to look their best. Robert Verdi shares his tips for looking sensational at every holiday get-together:
- I suggest that every woman develop at least one day-to-night look to get her through the holiday season. Adding a bold lip color, a smoky eye or a chic hairstyle in addition to a few statement accessories can transform an outfit from the office to a party. Better yet, be sure to keep a few key beauty products in your desk or purse—you never know when a surprise invitation will pop up during this time of year.
- Looking great in holiday photos is all about the smile. Make sure to use Crest 3D White 2 Hour Express Whitestrips (SRP $55) and Crest Pro- Health Clinical Rinse (SRP $6) leading up to the party so those pearly white shine. Pair a great smile with a vibrant lipstick like COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick Lip Duo in Stunner ($8) and thick dark lashes courtesy of COVERGIRL LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara (SRP $7) but stay away from colored eye shadows to ensure a look that pops in the right places.
- My clients photograph best when their hair is healthy & shiny. Pantene Pro-V Silky Moisture Whip (SRP $7) provides benefits of a styler and treatment in a lightweight, whipped form that moisturizes for 48 hours.
- Guys, look your best this season by upgrading your shave! Keep it simple with all-in-one inclusive solution, so pick up complete system like the Gillette Complete Shave and Shower collection (SRP $13).
Selecting the right gift for friends and family can seem overwhelming, especially since many Americans report that they want to be considered a good gifter. In fact, “Best Gift Giver” is the most sought-after title during the winter holiday season, beating out “Best Host/Hostess,” “Best Cookie Baker” and “Best Holiday Decorator.” However, P&G Beauty and Grooming have a variety of must-haves for everyone on your list to ensure holiday shopping is simple and the recipients’ reactions are spectacular.
“Gift with ease this season,” says Verdi. “Stock up on P&G Beauty and Grooming gift sets ($6 - $15) to spread holiday cheer to co-workers, neighbors, teachers and babysitters. Pick up high-tech finds like the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System (SRP $30) or the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler (SRP $14) for the beauty obsessed girl or well-groomed guy in your life. Best of all, these holiday must-haves are available at the stores you shop at every day, which means one less trip to the mall.”
P&G Beauty and Grooming gift sets offer irresistible pairings of top products from Olay, Secret, CoverGirl, Pantene, Herbal Essences, Venus, Gillette and Old Spice and are a perfect solution to keep recipients looking polished and party-ready throughout the holiday season and well into the new year. Many gift sets also feature a magazine subscription from a variety of leading titles.
Robert will share more of his tips for holiday beauty, style and gifting with P&G Facebook fans at www.Facebook.com/PGUnitedWeBeautify.
P&G gift sets and individual products can be found at grocery, drug and mass retailers nationwide. For more information and holiday gifting tips, please visit www.Facebook.com/PGEveryday and www.Facebook.com/PGUnitedWeBeautify.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves approximately 4.6 billion people around the world with its brands. The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Pampers®, Tide®, Ariel®, Always®, Whisper®, Pantene®, Mach3®, Bounty®, Dawn®, Fairy®, Gain®, Charmin®, Downy®, Lenor®, Iams®, Crest®, Oral-B®, Duracell®, Olay®, Head & Shoulders®, Wella®, Gillette®, Braun®, Fusion®, Ace®, Febreze®, Ambi Pur®, SK-II®, and Vicks®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 75 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.
1 The P&G Holiday Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 1,000 nationally representative adult Americans, ages 18 and older, plus an oversample of 400 Hispanic Americans and 400 African Americans, between June 15th and June 25th, 2012, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. adult population 18 and older, and the Hispanic American and African American adult population 18 and older. Results of any sample are subject to sampling variation. The magnitude of the variation is measurable and is affected by the number of interviews and the level of the percentages expressing the results. For the interviews conducted in this particular study, the chances are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 3.1 percentage points for the base size of 1,000, and 4.9 percentage points for the base sizes of 400, from the result that would be obtained if interviews had been conducted with all persons in the universe represented by the sample.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data