EURO GOVT-French OAT futures fall after sovereign downgrade
LONDON Nov 20 (Reuters) - French government bond futures fell on Tuesday after Moody's stripped the country of its prized triple-A rating.
Moody's move came late on Monday, making it the second rating agency to cut the sovereign credit rating on Europe's No. 2 economy.
Moody's cited an uncertain fiscal outlook and a deteriorating economy as it cut the rating by one notch and left France with a negative outlook.
French OAT futures were 27 ticks lower at 136.24 in early trading.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian parliament gunman acted alone: police |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement