EURO GOVT-French OAT futures fall after sovereign downgrade
LONDON Nov 20 (Reuters) - French government bond futures fell on Tuesday after Moody's stripped the country of its prized triple-A rating.
Moody's move came late on Monday, making it the second rating agency to cut the sovereign credit rating on Europe's No. 2 economy.
Moody's cited an uncertain fiscal outlook and a deteriorating economy as it cut the rating by one notch and left France with a negative outlook.
French OAT futures were 27 ticks lower at 136.24 in early trading.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal