EURO GOVT-French OAT futures fall after sovereign downgrade
LONDON Nov 20 (Reuters) - French government bond futures fell on Tuesday after Moody's stripped the country of its prized triple-A rating.
Moody's move came late on Monday, making it the second rating agency to cut the sovereign credit rating on Europe's No. 2 economy.
Moody's cited an uncertain fiscal outlook and a deteriorating economy as it cut the rating by one notch and left France with a negative outlook.
French OAT futures were 27 ticks lower at 136.24 in early trading.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- Class action against Facebook attracts 60,000 users