EURO GOVT-French OAT futures fall after sovereign downgrade
LONDON Nov 20 (Reuters) - French government bond futures fell on Tuesday after Moody's stripped the country of its prized triple-A rating.
Moody's move came late on Monday, making it the second rating agency to cut the sovereign credit rating on Europe's No. 2 economy.
Moody's cited an uncertain fiscal outlook and a deteriorating economy as it cut the rating by one notch and left France with a negative outlook.
French OAT futures were 27 ticks lower at 136.24 in early trading.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by Israeli shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus