EURO GOVT-French OAT futures fall after sovereign downgrade
LONDON Nov 20 (Reuters) - French government bond futures fell on Tuesday after Moody's stripped the country of its prized triple-A rating.
Moody's move came late on Monday, making it the second rating agency to cut the sovereign credit rating on Europe's No. 2 economy.
Moody's cited an uncertain fiscal outlook and a deteriorating economy as it cut the rating by one notch and left France with a negative outlook.
French OAT futures were 27 ticks lower at 136.24 in early trading.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site