Euro steady ahead of euro zone ministers meeting, trades flat
NEW YORK Nov 20 (Reuters) - The euro held steady versus the dollar on Tuesday as investors awaited a meeting of euro zone finance ministers that is likely to result in an approval of the next tranche of loans for Greece to help pay off its debt.
It is unlikely, however, to be disbursed before next month and a deal on Greece's debt reduction may need further talks.
The euro last traded at $1.2814, flat on the day, according to Reuters data.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt