Euro steady ahead of euro zone ministers meeting, trades flat
NEW YORK Nov 20 (Reuters) - The euro held steady versus the dollar on Tuesday as investors awaited a meeting of euro zone finance ministers that is likely to result in an approval of the next tranche of loans for Greece to help pay off its debt.
It is unlikely, however, to be disbursed before next month and a deal on Greece's debt reduction may need further talks.
The euro last traded at $1.2814, flat on the day, according to Reuters data.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |