Nikkei extends gains into 5th day as U.S. fiscal fears recede
TOKYO, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average extended its gains into a fifth day at Tuesday's open and may test a six-month high of 9,300, helped by U.S. stocks which rose on signs of progress in resolving a looming fiscal crunch. The Nikkei advanced 0.5 percent to 9,200.60, and the broader Topix gained 0.7 percent to 767.08.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media