US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500, Nasdaq turn up; Dow trims loss
NEW YORK Nov 20 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 and Nasdaq turned slightly higher while the Dow trimmed losses in late morning trading on Tuesday, helped by gains in financial and consumer discretionary shares.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 11.56 points, or 0.09 percent, at 12,784.40. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 0.89 point, or 0.06 percent, at 1,387.78. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 1.27 points, or 0.04 percent, at 2,917.34.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |