Medtronic quarterly profit slips as legal, other expenses weigh
CHICAGO Nov 20 (Reuters) - Medtronic Inc reported lower quarterly earnings on Tuesday as legal and other expenses ate into profits.
Net earnings were $646 million, or 63 cents per share, in its fiscal second quarter ended Oct. 26, down from $871 million, or 82 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
Excluding one-time items, earnings were 88 cents per share, matching analysts' average forecast.
Revenue increased 2 percent to $4.095 billion.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident