Medtronic quarterly profit slips as legal, other expenses weigh
CHICAGO Nov 20 (Reuters) - Medtronic Inc reported lower quarterly earnings on Tuesday as legal and other expenses ate into profits.
Net earnings were $646 million, or 63 cents per share, in its fiscal second quarter ended Oct. 26, down from $871 million, or 82 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
Excluding one-time items, earnings were 88 cents per share, matching analysts' average forecast.
Revenue increased 2 percent to $4.095 billion.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Missouri suburb braces for more racial unrest but calm prevails
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another