Israel wants long-term solution to Gaza crisis -Netanyahu
JERUSALEM Nov 20 (Reuters) - Israel wants to find a long-term, diplomatic solution to resolve the Gaza crisis, but will not hesitate to escalate its military campaign against Palestinian militants if needed, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday.
"If a long-term solution can be put in place through diplomatic means then Israel would be a willing partner to such a solution," Netanyahu said after talks with the U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
"But if stronger military action proves necessary to stop the constant barrage of rockets, Israel will not hesitate to do what is necessary to defend our people," he added.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- UPDATE 2-U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm