Israel wants long-term solution to Gaza crisis -Netanyahu
JERUSALEM Nov 20 (Reuters) - Israel wants to find a long-term, diplomatic solution to resolve the Gaza crisis, but will not hesitate to escalate its military campaign against Palestinian militants if needed, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday.
"If a long-term solution can be put in place through diplomatic means then Israel would be a willing partner to such a solution," Netanyahu said after talks with the U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
"But if stronger military action proves necessary to stop the constant barrage of rockets, Israel will not hesitate to do what is necessary to defend our people," he added.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions