U.N. chief warns Israel against Gaza incursion
CAIRO Nov 20 (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called on Tuesday for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza and said an Israeli ground operation in the Palestinian enclave would be a "dangerous escalation" that must be avoided.
Ban was speaking at a news conference in Cairo after talks with Arab League chief Nabil Elaraby. Later on Tuesday, the U.N. secretary-general will travel to Israel for talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine