U.N. chief warns Israel against Gaza incursion
CAIRO Nov 20 (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called on Tuesday for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza and said an Israeli ground operation in the Palestinian enclave would be a "dangerous escalation" that must be avoided.
Ban was speaking at a news conference in Cairo after talks with Arab League chief Nabil Elaraby. Later on Tuesday, the U.N. secretary-general will travel to Israel for talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian parliament gunman acted alone: police |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement