Syria opposition coalition welcomes British recognition
CAIRO Nov 20 (Reuters) - The Cairo-based Syrian National Coalition opposition group on Tuesday welcomed Britain's official recognition of it as the sole legitimate representative of the Syrian people, a coalition spokesman said.
"This step is very important and I think it will encourage more Syrians to join the coalition and trust it and it will also encourage other European states to recognise it," Walid al-Bunni, the coalition spokesman, told Reuters.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ