Syria opposition coalition welcomes British recognition
CAIRO Nov 20 (Reuters) - The Cairo-based Syrian National Coalition opposition group on Tuesday welcomed Britain's official recognition of it as the sole legitimate representative of the Syrian people, a coalition spokesman said.
"This step is very important and I think it will encourage more Syrians to join the coalition and trust it and it will also encourage other European states to recognise it," Walid al-Bunni, the coalition spokesman, told Reuters.
- Target confirms major card data theft during Thanksgiving
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |