Syria opposition coalition welcomes British recognition
CAIRO Nov 20 (Reuters) - The Cairo-based Syrian National Coalition opposition group on Tuesday welcomed Britain's official recognition of it as the sole legitimate representative of the Syrian people, a coalition spokesman said.
"This step is very important and I think it will encourage more Syrians to join the coalition and trust it and it will also encourage other European states to recognise it," Walid al-Bunni, the coalition spokesman, told Reuters.
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers