Syrian rebels storm army base near Turkish border - opposition
AMMAN Nov 20 (Reuters) - Syrian opposition fighters stormed a northern air defence base near the border with Turkey on Tuesday in their latest offensive against military fortifications, opposition sources said.
More than half of the sprawling compound at Sheikh Suleiman has fallen to rebels as fierce fighting raged at the site, 18 km (11 miles) from the border with Turkey and 30 km northwest of the contested city of Aleppo, rebel sources and opposition campaigners in the area said.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls