Mortars hit Syrian Information Ministry, no casualties - TV
BEIRUT Nov 20 (Reuters) - Mortars hit Syria's Information Ministry building in the capital Damascus on Tuesday, Syrian state television said, causing some damage but no casualties.
Syria TV blamed "terrorists" for the attack, referring to rebels who have been fighting a 20-month-old revolt against President Bashar al-Assad's rule. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a pro-opposition group, said two mortars hit the building.
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation
- Global share indexes, dollar, trim gains on Ukraine tension