Mortars hit Syrian Information Ministry, no casualties - TV
BEIRUT Nov 20 (Reuters) - Mortars hit Syria's Information Ministry building in the capital Damascus on Tuesday, Syrian state television said, causing some damage but no casualties.
Syria TV blamed "terrorists" for the attack, referring to rebels who have been fighting a 20-month-old revolt against President Bashar al-Assad's rule. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a pro-opposition group, said two mortars hit the building.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory