Trina Solar posts another loss on weak panel prices
Nov 20 (Reuters) - Chinese solar panel maker Trina Solar Ltd reported its fifth straight quarterly loss on weak panel prices.
The company's net loss widened to $57.5 million, or 81 cents per American depositary share (ADS), in the third quarter, from $31.5 million, or 45 cents per ADS, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 38 percent to $298 million.
Profits have disappeared at solar companies after prices crashed due to an oversupply of panels caused by a fall in demand in top market Europe and rapid capacity expansion.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter