Trina Solar posts another loss on weak panel prices
Nov 20 (Reuters) - Chinese solar panel maker Trina Solar Ltd reported its fifth straight quarterly loss on weak panel prices.
The company's net loss widened to $57.5 million, or 81 cents per American depositary share (ADS), in the third quarter, from $31.5 million, or 45 cents per ADS, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 38 percent to $298 million.
Profits have disappeared at solar companies after prices crashed due to an oversupply of panels caused by a fall in demand in top market Europe and rapid capacity expansion.
- Gaza rockets land deep in Israel as it bombards Palestinian enclave |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Both candidates in Indonesia election claim victory; Jokowi ahead in more counts |
- Argentina, Netherlands set for battle, Brazil wonders what happened
- Former New Orleans Mayor Nagin gets 10 years in corruption case